Tuesday

Lucky or not?

 

Flashback technology has been around for quite awhile.   However, today was the first day I actually ever had to use it in a real life scenario.   Does that mean I am lucky or not?   

A few minutes ago developer came by and asked if Oracle kept versions of pl/sql code in the database.   I replied no and asked why.   Turns out that he was working on some code, compiled it, etc and it didn’t work properly.   He didn’t have a copy of the original package.

I wasn’t sure if it would work but I thought I would give flashback query a try.  Here is the SQL I used:

1  select text from all_source
2  as of timestamp
3  to_timestamp('29-MAY-2012 15:50:00', 'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS')
4 where type = 'PACKAGE BODY' and name = 'MYNAME’

I saved the output and sent it over to the developer.   He was very happy.   Always nice to end a day on a high note!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.