Monday

R12 Cloning: adcrdb.sh missing from file system.



This weekend I had to build an R12 environment.   We use Oracle VM in our development environment so this made the who process much easier.    Before I would have to setup a new server, install the OS, patch it, put in the Oracle pre-req's then clone.   Now I just need to run pre-clone, shutdown the environment, copy it, rename/reconfigure the vm and run post clone.

When I ran adcfgclone.pl dbTier tho I hit the error described in the following note:


On Release 12 adcfgclone is failing with AC-00423, RC-50014 adcrdb.sh missing from file system [ID 549872.1]


The solution is to copy adcrdb.sh from the source system and place it under $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/template

However, when I executed adcfgclone.pl again I hit the same error.   adcrdb.sh would get deleted from the template directory.

The solution was to run autoconfig, preclone and recopy the db files and software over.

Well, at least I didn't have to build a new server.. Saved me a little time anyways.

If your having cloning issues you may want to take a look at the other issues I encountered as well.  Just click on the EBS Cloning label on the right side.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks to the writer in this article, and I really want to make a great article on the baseball team website is from a series of articles in the beautiful story of a boy, is very useful.
Oracle Training

R12 Upgrade said...

As widely accepted and adopted by enterprises worldwide, Oracle E-Business R12 Upgrade has been acknowledged as the most stable and reliable version for enterprise applications. Nevertheless, as with any other major changes to business applications, the upgrade to R12 must be planned and carried out carefully to make sure a seamless transition and guarantee business continuity.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am a digital marketer. The previous seo guy working for my client left a spammy comment at your blog with the username Rosemarie rana which links to my client's site.
Such comments are or might cause serious damage to my client's site with respect to SEO which is why I am request you here by to remove it asap.
If you don't remove it by 11:59 pm, Pacific Standard Time, 3rd January 2014, we will have use Google's Disavow Tool to get back-link removed and, sorry to say this, but Google may not look too nicely upon you either for not having removed the comment. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.