Monday

R12.1.2 Cloning Issues

I have encountered two issues with cloning after our upgrade to R12.1.2.

The first:

[AutoConfig Error Report]
The following report lists errors AutoConfig encountered during each
phase of its execution. Errors are grouped by directory and phase.
The report format is:
<filename> <phase> <return code where appropriate>

[APPLY PHASE]
AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:
Directory: /u01/VIS/db/tech_st/11.2.0/perl/bin/perl -I /u01/VIS/db/tech_st/11.2.0/perl/lib/5.8.3 -I /u01/VIS/db/tech_st/11.2.0/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3 -I /u01/VIS/db/tech_st/11.2.0/appsutil/perl /u01/VIS/db/tech_st/11.2.0/appsutil/clone
ouicli.pl INSTE8_APPLY 255

AutoConfig is exiting with status 1
RC-50013: Fatal: Instantiate driver did not complete successfully.
/u01/VIS/db/tech_st/11.2.0/appsutil/driver/regclone.drv



This error was caused by Rapid Clone using an incorrect version of perl.  By default my system has v5.8.8 installed in /usr/bin.   The solution was to update my PATH variable to point to $ORACLE_HOME/perl/bin, which is v5.10.0. 

The second issue I encountered while building a new environment. I normally bring over the database home directory and reconfigure it for the new environment with adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack, then I use RMAN to duplicate the database.  However, then I tried to startup the database in nomount mode I received an ORA-1031.

I traced the problem using the following Metalink Notes:

Checklist for Resolving CONNECT AS SYSDBA (INTERNAL) Issues [ID 233223.1]
UNIX: Checklist for Resolving Connect AS SYSDBA Issues [ID 69642.1]



Which brought me to note:

SYSDBA and SYSOPER Privileges in Oracle [ID 50507.1]


It appears that my config.o file was corrupted.   You can fix it by relinking:

mv config.o config.o.orig
make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle

I say that my config.o was corrupted because config.c looks ok and I didn’t make any changes to it. For a detailed description about config.o take a look at 50507.1.

I encountered this back in Dec and noticed the other day that Oracle has come out with a patch:

Error: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges : SQLPLUS Fails After Rapid Clone adcfgclone.pl dbTier/dbTechStack With 11gR2 Database [ID 1276420.1]

I’m not sure if its my problem since they mention it occurs with dbTechStack and I don’t recall encountering it there.   But if you are cloning an environment and don't have time to test this patch, try reconfiguring your database Oracle Home with dbTechStack, rebuild config.o then run adcfgclone with the database parameter.  (Remember dbTier = database + dbTechStack.)

2 comments:

Mamta said...

Thanks alot.I have received the same error and It was very easy to trace out seeing your blog.

Keep your good work!!!

Thanks,
Mamatha

Sridevi Koduru said...

Regards
Sridevi Koduru (Senior Oracle Apps Trainer Oracleappstechnical.com)
LinkedIn profile - https://in.linkedin.com/in/sridevi-koduru-9b876a8b
Please Contact for One to One Online Training on Oracle Apps Technical, Financials, SCM, Oracle Manufacturing, OAF, ADF, SQL, PL/SQL, D2K at sridevikoduru@oracleappstechnical.com | +91 - 9581017828.