Friday

1 down, 1 to go....

Today I wrote the OCA exam 1Z0-042 and the good news is I passed. I wasn't able to prepare as much as I would have preferred because they are changing the OCA track as of Monday, Dec. 1st. That meant I only had a few weeks to study and given work, home and extra-circular activities (mine and my kids) thats not alot of time.

To study I used the Oracle Press 10g Exam Prep book, Selftest Software and of course 10g installed in a vmware environment. I don't think I would have done as well if it wasn't for the Selftest software, especially since its pretty similar to the exams.

I did have a few issues with the software tho and what I believe were incorrect answers. In one case I tested the solution in my vmware environment and offered to send them the log.. They haven't responded yet. To be just, I believe I found a couple of incorrect answers in the Oracle Press book as well. I contacted the publisher tho and they don't maintain a list of corrections.

I'm glad its over... Now I have to start studying for the next exam but tonight i'm finishing Gears of War 2!!

No comments: